Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Break...

Well, tomorrow starts my first official day of spring break (though I've actually been at home since Thursday night) and I am sitting here in my parents house, in the computer room, all alone. I come home for a week, and my parents leave! Wow, that's kind of amusing :) its a good thing that I don't mind being alone or I might actually be mad at them!
For those of you that I saw at church this morning I am very glad I did, and for those of you whom I didn't get to see I am sad that I won't get to see you again for a while. My life is crazy, and I love my church in Waco, so even if I do get chances to come home again soon I won't be staying for church on Sunday's because I want to go to my church in Waco. I am going to try and make it to Wednesday Night meal this week, but no promises...

I do want to update you all (I say all, but there are probably really only like three people that read this...) on my school situation and what was going on that was so confusing, so this might be long, we'll see.

My school situation has changed yet again! This time it has been a prayer answered. A few weeks ago I told of a class conflict for next semester that one of my professors said that he could not find a way out of, well, I went to my adviser last week and we were talking when the professor of one of the overlapping classes walked by and heard me saying what my problem was. She came in and told me that I didn't have to stay, that that would be really silly since this plan was put into action three years ago, so she said that she would do an independent study with me so that I could get both classes in next semester! Yay!! Praise God, He works in mysterious ways! I've decided that he just wanted me to be content with whatever I thought was His plan before His plan was actually revealed to me. So, I will not be in Waco for an extra semester, and I am so glad about that--although, I am not looking forward to telling my friends that were super excited about me staying...

As for what I was confused about, it was a boy. Ha, imagine that! Ok, well to make a really really long story short: I met this guy last semester through a (barn) dance that my church had. We had a really great time dancing together, we danced all night with each other, even through changing squares and everything. We ended up going bowling to get to know one another better, but it was fruitless because he didn't talk much, I led the conversation the whole night. So this was right before Christmas break, and I didn't hear from him for a little over two months. I was okay with that, I was okay with nothing happening there, I wasn't looking for a relationship, so I was perfectly fine with not having one. Well, then I saw him at church (where I am a greeter at the college service :D) a few weeks ago. I smiled and said hello--which is what I do for everyone that walks in the door--and he smiled and waved. It was semi-awkward, but that was to be expected. Then the next week I saw him again, this time the smile was bigger, and he was in a tuxedo and that was really strange. Then, not five minutes after leaving church I got a text message, yes thats right a text message, asking me if I wanted to "hang out sometime this week". What? Ok, so no word, not even through facebook, for over two months and you send me a text message seeing if I want to "hand out sometime"? Crazy right? Well, it ended up being Friday night before anything happened--all communication through text messaging. The guy and I went and hung out at Common Grounds, the campus coffee shop (which shows how much the guy really knew about me because I don't like even the smell of coffee). We talked--mainly he talked, about his family--for about an hour before my friends called to covertly get me out of there and to the movies. I now know that there is no future for this guy except as a friend, and that is great with me!! I was just confused because I wasn't sure exactly how I felt about him when he asked me to hang out...

There are more interesting stories to tell that involve a different boy, but those will be for later--if and when I decide to share them :D <3

Well, if you made it this far I congratulate you! And If you did you will be happy to read this: I am available for babysitting this week except for Wednesday and Thursday! I go back to Waco Saturday night, so act quickly if at all!! Love you and will write more soon!

No comments: