Saturday, April 12, 2008

Flat Broke...

Being a student is no fun. It means lots of work, and instead of getting paid for said work you must pay to do it. I know, people keep telling me that it will pay in the end, but being flat broke at this point I can't seem to see the end of the tunnel. I know the light is there, I just can't see it.

Why am I flat broke you ask??

Well this is why:


Isn't it gorgeous!!! That, and gas prices, is why I'm broke. It is a major achievement to be graduating from Baylor University in a year, and this ring is a symbol of it that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Once that ring is on it is never coming off. Especially since I am paying for it all on my own; me, the full-time, job-less, flat-broke college student. I guess it will make it that much more precious to me. I've earned that ring, in more ways than one. And, I won't be able to get a job this summer to pay for it because of my practicum responsibilities--by the way, I won't be at TX Scottish Rite, they didn't want me, but I'm still waiting to hear from DC, and my next interview is Friday.

Why can't we just barter like in the old days??

No comments: