Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Well, here goes nothing

Today marks the day that I take back something I thought that I would never take back. Years ago, when Xanga started, I swore that I would never have one of those blog things because I thought they were crazy. Why would anyone want to type out their thoughts and put them on the internet for basically anyone to read? That is just crazy! It's worse than someone finding your diary or journal! But now that I've been away at college for 2½ years I realize that blogs are not diaries, they are ways for those of us that are apart to communicate with each other and find out what is going on in the lives of the people we no longer see everyday. So this is my blog. It is all about me and my journey through life, my walk with God, my last semesters at Baylor, and hopefully soon I will be able to share my experiences as a Child Life Practicum student.

Well I guess I will start of with a couple things that I am proud of that have happened to me in the past two days. I took up jogging last year for a school project, we were supposed to pick something about ourselves that we wanted to change over the course of the semester and track our progress. I chose to change my laziness, so I decided to try to run at least twice a week for one or more miles. And I'm proud to say that I haven't really stopped that trend…although I will admit that over the summer break it was really hard to keep up, so I probably really only ran once every week or so. But this semester I have been on track. Actually, I've been better than that. Yesterday after my jog at the SLC the lady in my iPod (I have the Nike+ thing that tracks your runs…) congratulated me on what was my longest run to date!! I was so happy, especially because I had to take extra initiative and leave the comfort of my apartment complex to go run because they are working on the office, which is where the onsite fitness center is. Well, today I went by the fitness center to see if it was opened yet, but again it was closed. So I took the extra initiative and went to the SLC once again. Well today the nice lady congratulated me on my fastest mile! I was ecstatic :) Maybe Thursday I'll get my fastest mile and my longest workout in one…

I wanted to post some random pictures from the semester, so here are my favorites :)

Me and Mom at the Parents Weekend football game

Me and Dad at the Parents Weekend football game

Patty and I at the BU vs. TCU game

RyLeigh at the Homecoming parade

Kaitlin and Me at the Homecoming Parade


No comments: