I am officially a senior. A senior in college. A senior at Baylor. Oh my goodness...
This is a pretty intimidating feeling. I just said goodbye to two of my best friends here, and it could quite possibly be a year until I see these friends again. It's already happening, my friends are dispersing. Yikes. I am going to DC this summer, as is one of my friends. Some are going to other places, some are staying in Waco, and some are studying abroad and graduating at the end of summer. Half of my friends will be graduating in December. I will be leaving in December to do an internship before graduation in just one year. One year and my undergraduate career will come to an end. In approximately 366 days I will be a graduate from Baylor University. Oh my goodness...
It doesn't feel like it's been that long. I don't feel old enough to be a senior in college. It is only when I look at the kids in my life that I realize just how long its been. There are children that I remember holding when they were minutes or hours old that are nearing their third, fourth or fifth birthdays, and I realize how much of their short lives that I've missed because I've been away at school. I've been at Baylor for three full years now. Only one semester of classes left, then my internship, then I graduate and am out of "college world" and into the real one. My friends will disperse, we will all go our separate ways.
Man, I need to make the most of the time that I have left. (Yikes, that kinda sounds like I'm dying!) I know that we will all keep in contact through phone calls, text messages, facebook messages, Myspace, email, etc., so we won't loose contact ever, but it will take effort. Now I can just take a short drive or walk across the living room to see a friend, in a year it will be much harder. I know that I will make new friends, grown-up friends, but for now I'm going to treasure my college friends. I'm going to make the most of my last semester with these amazing people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment